Position: Principal Architect / Partner
B.A.(Hon.), Dip Arch (Birm)
R.I.B.A. Arch (S.A.) M.I.A
Bunmi llori is an Architect trained and graduated at the Birmingham school of Architecture in Birmingham, England. After graduation he worked as a student Architect for the West Midlands Health Authority and later joined the student training office (STO) in Croydon with the Property Services Agency (PSA).
He then worked for four years in London as Design Architect with McColl’s, Seifert International and S.K. Riddick and Partners.
Later he joined Epstein International for two years as a Project Architect in charge of projects in Denmark and Spain. Bunmi Ilori is now Managing Director of Integrated Design Consultants (IDC Architects) operating in the Eastern Cape from East London.
Before forming IDC Architects Mr. Ilori gained extensive experience on the following major projects:
- Design and management of 33 townhouses for the members of Parliament – Botswana.
- Brief, formation, master plan, and feasibility study for the proposed Botswana National Library – Botswana.
- Design and project management matters on various hotel developments for Whitbread Ltd. – England.
- Concept design of the new regional distribution warehouse for F.D.B. – Denmark.
- Final design and production information on the Doncaster Prison Development, Doncaster- England.
- Conceptual design for the Merry Hill Shopping Center, Birmingham – England.
- Project architect on the development of 3 townhouses, and on various aspects of the London Dockland Arena project – England.
- Involved in the development of a hospital in Rowley Regis – England.
- T.G.I Friday restaurants in Spain and England for Whitbread Properties.
- Travel Inn Hotels in England for Whitbread Properties.
Since 1992 Mr. Ilori gained extensive experience on the following major projects:
- Vukuzenzele Special School, Bizana, a school for disabled students – Transkei.
- Roman Catholic Church, Southernwood, Umtata, fully documented, construction during 1994 – Transkei.
- Nompumalanga Special School, Bizana, a school for disabled students – Transkei.
- Transido Mini Factories, Namaque, a facility for small businesses, completed in 1994 – Transkei.
- Shopping Complex, Umtata, a shopping and office complex, completed in 1994 – Transkei.
- Primary Health Centre and Offices – Butterworth.
- Eskom Sunilaws Office Park Development, Beacon Bay, East London
- Centani place of safety – Centani.
- ECDC Headquarters Office Park Development, Ocean Terrace.
- Excel Filling stations for the Alliance Property Group.
- Daimler Chrysler showroom in Umtata and Kokstad.]
- Upgrade and Extensions to the South African Reserve Bank, East London.
- Mhlontlo Municipality Offices – Qumbu.
- Amathole District Municipality Offices – East London.
- National Gallery and related cultural projects in Abuja, Nigeria
- Feasibility for a new Ethanol Plant in Craddock, South Africa.
- Winning bid for a casino and hotel complex with Peermont Global resorts in Mthatha, South Africa.
- Winning bid for a shopping complex site and development in Mthatha, South Africa.
- Business development projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Southern Sudan.
- Development of a Diamond processing factory, East london, South Africa
- Development of a Dairy factory, East London,South Africa
- Upgrade and extensions to the existing airport and new car rental facility in East London, South Africa.
- Runner up design competition bid for the new 2010 Fifa world cup stadium in Durban, South Africa.
- Feasibility for a new “Royal City” commercial complex in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Hospital complex designs for the Mthatha and Frontier Hospitals in the Eastern cape, South Africa.
- Design and Feasibility study for a 5 star hotel in Juba, Southern Sudan
- Design and Feasibility study for a new National Art Gallery in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Design and Feasibility Study for an African Village in Abuja , Nigeria.
- Concept design for the Headquarters of the new Joule electric car factory in East london. South Africa